Carolina Heritage Vineyard
170 Heritage Vines Way
Elkin, NC 28621
Phone: (336) 366-3301
Owned and operated by Clyde and Patricia Colwell, Carolina Heritage is the first USDA-certified organic vineyard and winery in North Carolina. Ten acres of organic grapes, blueberries and apples are used along with honey from their bees to produce award-winning estate wines. Open Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 1-6PM and at other times by appointment ((336) 366-3301). Come listen or join in with regular Saturday music and monthly old time bluegrass jam sessions. A wonderful way to relax! For news of Carolina Heritage events and wines, join us on Facebook or visit us at carolinaheritagevineyards.com.
Grassy Creek Vineyard and Winery
235 Chatham Cottage Circle
State Road, NC 28676
Phone: (336) 835-4230
Fax: (336) 835-4230
Grassy Creek Vineyard & Winery, founded in 2003 among the green hills surrounding Elkin at the historical Klondike Cabins, produces fine wines from North Carolina’s premier Yadkin Valley wine country
- Herrera Vineyards is family owned and operated, nestled quietly in the small town of Dobson, NC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. With more than 140 acres of property, our estate offers a little of everything. Sprawling vineyards, rolling rivers, immaculate tasting room and a pristine landscaped façade provide the ultimate relaxation experience. Herrera Vineyards prides itself on the tradition of cultivating, harvesting and producing premium wines from fruit grown exclusively on Herrera properties. With a wide variety of dry, semi sweets and sweets, we provide award winners that cater to every wine connoisseur’s preferences. Influenced by culture and heritage, Herrera Vineyards introduced the first bottled Red Sangria from the Yadkin Valley in 2012 with much acclaim. 2013 will bring forward new selections from this specialty line as we continue to develop our signature Sangria in both red and white varieties. It is our pleasure to invite you to join us for tastings, tours and tradition. We await your arrival at our home away from home.
McRitchie Winery and Ciderworks
Patricia McRitchie, Owner/ Manager
315 Thurmond PO Road
Thurmond, NC 28683
Phone: (336) 874-3003 or (336) 874-3003
Fax: (336) 874-3007
Located on nearly thirty acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains — deep in the heart of the Yadkin Valley of North Carolina — lies McRitchie Winery & Ciderworks. We are a family owned and operated winery and vineyard specializing in small lots of award-winning artisan wines and hard ciders.
- Enjoy Chianti in the Carolinas at our Tuscan-Villa Style Tasting Room or host an event or meeting of your own! Tastings, tours and events are held year-round.
Hours: Mon: 11:00 am-5:00 pm, Wed-Sat: 11:00 am-5:00 pm. Sun: 12:00 pm-5:00 pm
RagApple Lassie Vineyards and Winery
3724 RagApple Lassie Lane
Boonville, NC 27011
Phone: (336) 367-6000
Fax: (336) 367-4000
Owned by lifelong farmer/owner, Frank Hobson and his wife, Lenna, Ragapple Lassie Vineyards is the namesake of Frank’s Championship 4-H Show Calf, and produces twelve award winning wines worthy of its championship legacy. Open daily noon to six. It’s an awesome experience. Come see for yourself! 1-866-RagApple or www.ragapplelassie.com.
- Not your typical Winery, a “slightly” different Yadkin Valley Winery, offering wine from local juices, as well as, wine from some of the best wine regions around the world. We offer a large selection of fruit wines for the sweet wine lovers along with Dry and Semi-dry Reds and Whites for the dry wine lovers. A unique twist on Slightly Askew… if you taste a wine you really like, you can purchase a bottle or you can purchase all of the accessories necessary to produce that wine (or similar) in your own home. We also carry a line of beer making products for the beer enthusiast.
- Fine wines without the attitude We have a fine selection of dry white and red wines, as well as a series of beautifully crafted low alcohol sweet wines. Making the wines in small quantities and having a full range of sweet wines sets the Weathervane Winery apart from most others. The warm greeting and non pretentious attitude of the owners and staff will make any visitor feel quite at home.
- Located in northwestern North Carolina, the Yadkin Valley commences at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains and sprawls eastward into the Piedmont. Here, you'll discover a thriving, vibrant region, proud of its history and heritage and welcoming you to partake in its bounty.