CHAMBER NEWS!

by admin on May 1, 2015

Surry Old Time Fiddlers Convention
FREE WiFI in Downtown Elkin A huge thank you goes out to the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) for providing a grant to help fund the costs of installing WiFi in downtown Elkin – a total project cost of $13,527.85. ARC has provided $9469.50 which covers 70% of the project expenses (for WiFi equipment) in downtown Elkin. The other 30% match, is courtesy of the Yadkin Valley Chamber of Commerce (grantee) and the Elkin Main Street Advisory Board who will pay for the service fees for the next 4 years. Now you can enjoy free WiFi while you are exploring Main Street, Market Street, the farmers market, and Crater Park along the Yadkin River! Together, these organizations provided WiFi service to enhance our downtown experience for residents and visitors alike. The provider who was awarded the project (after RFP’s were posted for carriers in the region), was Surry Telephone (STMC). They did a fantastic job working with the business owners and the building owners to provide seamless coverage.

Previous post: